On February 10, StructureTec's Building Construction Technology Educational Center (BCTEC) hosted a National Building Envelope Forum in Naperville, IL.
During the forum, three in-house experts shared some exceptional insight into paving, non-destructive testing, and roof restoration. Hanan Javetz, Retired Director of Facilities Management at School District U-46 in Elgin, Illinois also led an intriguing discussion regarding his personal experiences with facilities management over his 30+ year career.
The Pavement Management presentation focused on:
- How to develop a pavement management program for multiple sites
- Different pavement technology
- Pavement maintenance
- Pavement project management processes
- Pavement survey considerations
- Non-Destructive Testing Applications for roof, building envelope, pavement, and structural concrete systems
- Methods of Non-Destructive Testing
- The use of Non-Destructive Testing for problem identification
- Quality assurance through construction
The Roof Restoration presentation highlighted:
- The benefits of roof restoration
- Identifying problems and solutions related to roof restoration projects
- Identifying roofs that are candidates for roof restoration
- The proper means, methods, and procedures for restoration
Our special guest speaker, Hanan Javetz, gave valuable insight on:
- Managing a public sector bid event
- Making a case for investing more upfront to achieve lower life cycle cost
- The criticality of attention to detail for successful project outcomes
Throughout the day, there was a lively exchange and collaboration. Attendees walked away with additional technical knowledge and project-specific answers. Here's what they had to say:
"This program was very helpful"
"Learned some new opportunity"
"The technical content was excellent"BCTEC will be hosting another Building Envelope Forum in Columbus, OH on May 11th, 2016 covering a wide variety of topics pertaining to facility management. Please click here for more information on the topics.